It's so exciting watching you turn into a little lady. You continue to grow as a little angel, a daughter, a friend, but now a little lady too! Helping you grasp large concepts like heaven and the Son of God; watching you develop close friendships with girls in the neighborhood and learn what it takes to be a good friend; watching your interactions with Khloe and how much you truly love her. It's all so exciting and we just love you so much it makes our hearts burst at the seams! Celebrating your sixth birthday was just as exciting too! Five was a hard one for me to accept, but six just seemed right.
I've been remiss in blogging about your birthday. Goodness, I didn't even know I had missed this! Your birthday was celebrated across two time zones - one in Michigan and one in Iowa. Oh, make that three! Chicago too!
First we started with opening birthday presents at our home with just our family before we kicked off our 9-day Great Midwest Tour. Among other things, you got your first tennis racket (for your tennis lessons!) and my favorite dress on you ever. It's soooo you - long and flowy, twirly and bright!
Then your birthday celebration moved to Iowa. In fact, you woke up on your birthday in Iowa! What a special memory! You got to wake up with your cousins! Sarah made the most special, delicious breakfast that, although it was made just for you, the adults enjoyed it too. Cake batter pancakes with sprinkles and homemade icing as syrup? Ummmmm, yes please! That's a sweet treat you (or anyone really) should only eat once a year!
Then, later in the day we met Cassidy's friends at the local park for more birthday song, cupcake treats and playtime.
Oh, and by this point, do more gifts and cake matter? Yes! On our way home from Iowa to Michigan we had an overnight in Chicago with the Jo's. Of course this meant more gifts and treats.
Finally we arrived home on Saturday, and Sunday was your birthday party with friends. You wanted to have it at Flames Gymnastics Center, but I was so resistant. I get enough of that place all school-year long. How could anyone voluntarily go there if they didn't have to? Do kids really want to play there? The answer to this question is YES. Apparently, six year old's don't mind a big open gym to play, run and dance in. Go figure. And honestly, after being gone nine days, not cleaning up after twelve girls sounded glorious. So, Flames it was! An hour and a half of sheer chaos, constant motion, whirlwind of eating and gift opening, and it was over. As we walked out the door I said, "What just happened?" Pure fun, I guess!
You choose a "ballerina" themed birthday party
The whole gang
Molly, Sotria, Lexi, Lilah, Addison, Abby, Eliana, Gina, and Gabby
(minus Bryce, he refused to participate in the photo)
Back to real time, we finally got around to putting together Kristi's fairy garden present last night. Talk about excitement! I don't know if last night was Christmas Eve, or just the first night her fairy garden was in her room. I can't tell you how many times the last two nights I've been asked if fairies are real. She put great care in building the perfect fairy garden - she planted the seeds delicately, found small Polly Pocket woodland animals and fairies to add to it, sprinkled hand-picked flower petals among the rock path, and watered it. When she asked to put it in her room, she ran right up and got ready for bed faster than I've ever seen. In fact, I didn't even have to ask her twice to put on her pajamas or brush her teeth! (Thank you Kristi!) She kept saying "I've always wanted a fairy garden!"
Kayla even lined up three of her big fairies around the side to help attract new fairies. When she woke up in the morning she said "I want to see if my seeds have grown at all. Look! Fairies came! The petals are all moved around! I think they came!"
No comments:
Post a Comment