We spent the third to last day of school on a field trip to the Detroit Zoo with all of the 1st grade. Forecast? 81 degrees and 80% chance of rain. Just great. We prayed the weather would cooperate... and it did! We hauled lots of rain jackets and lots of umbrellas into the zoo and we ended up just pushing them around in the stroller the whole time. Fine by me! There was one sad element to the day - unfortunately Mrs. Raymo couldn't be there. She's been out for the last five days with pneumonia, and although she said she would be cleared by her doctor to be at the field trip, she still wasn't well enough to go. I'm sure she was so disappointed, just as we were!
Oh, silly Addie
Kayla said she was most looking forward to the zebras, Addison wanted to see the anteaters, and Khloe said "I don't want to see any of them; they're all mean!" Ha! She later changed to her mind to say the giraffes. Mine was to see - of course - peacocks (which just run around loose and can surprise you at any time; we even got to see baby peacocks and loved that too!), and Aaron was impressed with all of it. It was his FIRST time at the Detroit Zoo! Whoa. I know. I was shocked too. I said "Your parents NEVER brought you?!??!?!?"We had a great zoo experience! What makes a zoo experience great? When you actually get to see the animals, as in they're not sleeping or hiding to get out of the sun. So, the weather and the animals cooperated for us today!
Amphibian Conservation Center
Sleeping lion and lioness
And now, a moment for my peacocks...
Okay, moving on to other animals...
The Article Ring of Life exhibit did NOT disappoint! The polar bears put on a show for us, and there were two of them... I've never even seen two in there before!
In just two more days these best friends will be 2nd graders!
No comments:
Post a Comment