July 27, 2014

A moment of quiet

I was thankful for a lazy Sunday afternoon. After a busy Friday that included Kayla having a late-night cheerleader slumber party tie-dieing t-shirts with the neighborhood girls and the Johnson's coming into town on Saturday for a day of boating and a sleepover, I was looking forward to having a slow Sunday. Mid-afternoon rolled around and I grabbed a stack of magazines, looking forward to a quiet moment to relax and read on the couch. But, something even better happened. I fell asleep... and so did my girls... with me.
It was splendid and glorious. After I realized I wasn't alone in my slumbers I didn't know whether to stay awake and stare at their sleeping faces or fall asleep myself. I think I did a little of both.

It was truly an unforgettable moment in a seemingly unforgettable setting. And it  made me realize something - that if I stay still long enough (which doesn't happen near enough) my girls will come to me. And if I'm lucky, we'll get to steal another nap together. Lesson learned? Take time to just be; be still, be relaxed, and be uninterrupted more often. I need more of these types of days!

No comments:

Post a Comment