I remember when other friend's children were in Kindergarten. I always thought those kids were sooooo old. In my mind those parents no longer had little kids, they had big kids. And not even a kid, but a regular person. Now I'm that parent. It's true, I have a school-aged child now. A regular school-aged person. That not only makes Kayla old, it makes me feel old. Boy, a baby turning one years old and my other baby preparing to go off to school, all in one week. Chest pains, shortness of breath and upset stomach. It's all too much at once!
An option I've considered many, many, MANY times is just to skip school all together and keep her home with me forever. If forever won't work, than maybe I'll just keep her home with me one more year and then send her to school in first grade. I've considered this option on many occasions, and this morning was no different.
However, I pushed the pit in my stomach away and we went to Kindergarten Roundup, with Kayla's BF Addison! Then the day ended by celebrating National Take Your Kids To Work Day at Daddy's work with pizza lunch, crafts, tours and playing!
Two beautiful, sweet, funny soon-to-be Kindergartner's!
They certainly are VERY ready for school and will be stellar students!
Kayla's first time on a school bus and my first time - in a looooooooong time! - on a school bus.
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment