Khloe's peacock costume has been hanging in her closet for a year now from post-Halloween sales last year, but Kayla has been undecided about hers. Every fall we receive a halloween costume catalog in the mail from Chasing Fireflies, beautiful extravagant costumes for no less than $100. Kayla finally decided on the Ice Princess, just the dress alone cost $88, and that didn't include the dozen accessories all sold seperately. She wanted it so bad (she didn't have a Plan B) that I imagined every way possible to re-create it by hand for half the price, but I wouldn't be able to pull it off. Why doesn't Kayla ever want to be a simple noun, like a cat? Or pumpkin? Or flower? Oh no, it always has to be some Rainbow Sparkle Twinkle Fairy Ice Twirl Queen Princess.
Where do we turn when we need to fine an item for a great deal? Ebay! We searched for her Ice Princess costume and in our search stumbled across The Best Costume Idea Ever.
Kayla's peacock Halloween costume arrived today. She immediately put it on. She also ran upstairs to get Khloe's costume out of the closet so "we can both have them on together!" Sisters in matching peacock costumes for Halloween?? Great idea Kayla! No, actually, brilliant idea. I'm so excited that Kayla chose a costume to match Khloe's. How many times in their life is this going to happen!? This Halloween is going to be so fun!
So, I have this attraction (obsession, really) to anything peacock. My fascination of peacocks is from when I was young and spent time on my grandparents farm in Ohio. They had peacocks - lots of them. They sure were pretty to look at, and fun to chase, but they weren't the nicest of birds or "pets" to have around. Grandma always warned us to stay away from them because, if they felt like it, they'd charge us and bite us. (We were charged, but never bitten). So Amy and I tiptoed around them, mostly taunting them, and always collecting their feathers. Did you know that peacocks like to hang out on hoods of cars? Did you know that they make the most eerie, loud cry? Try listening to that at 4:00 in the morning. Peacocks are a piece of my childhood and bring back great memories from the farm. What a way to live out those memories!
There's a few more details to pull together to finalize these two costumes, but I couldn't resist sharing this sneak peak!
No comments:
Post a Comment