February 2, 2013

Winter blues

 Bundled up under all these layers, how could anyone get cold??!!
Khloe's "CHEESE" face
 We haven't played dress-up in a long time around here, but this morning both girls spent time upstairs together getting on outfits and came downstairs to show us their beautiful ensembles
Playing a little catch up here, and doing a little photo organizing. What else do you do on a lazy, cold Saturday afternoon while listening to Nora Jones and David Gray while sipping on a cocktail?

So, I picked up my camera this morning to take some photos and videos of the girls all dressed up and realized that the last I had picked it up to use it was Thanksgiving! Our Canon camera has become like an ancient artifact around here. In fact, we often wonder if Khloe's generation will even know what a point-and-shoot camera is!
Back to catching up a bit...

Khloe's new phrases:
"Oh man!" If she drops something, you'll hear her say it.
"Awwwwwwww!" when she's looking at photos of anyone she knows.
"Minute, minute" while waiving her little pointer finger in the air in front of her face to tell you "Just a minute, just a minute."
My favorite word she says: "Mama"
Probably one of the cutest words she says is "Lohhhhhhhhhwwwllllllllllll" for Mr. Lowell. He's one of her favorites.

Kayla: I wish I was fairy. Sometimes I want to be a fairy so bad that I look behind me just to see if I have wings. 

Kayla didn't grow up watching Sesame Street; there were just too many other shows out there competing for her attention, and won - Dora, Caillou, Curious George, Wonder Pets, Handy Manny just to name a few. So unfortunately, she doesn't know many of the Sesame Street characters by name, which is too bad now that she's 5.5 years old. Khloe was watching Sesame Street the other day and Kayla repeated to us something that "the trash guy" was doing. Aaron and I paused, looked at each other, and laughed! "Oscar the Grouch you mean, Kayla?" Is it kind of unfortunate that she's grown up without even knowing who Oscar is??
Yes, these go back to just after Thanksgiving, but just too cute not to share! These are matching t-shirts I bought for the girls to wear to school the month of December. They sure got their use out of them!
  Kayla still really loves gymnastics and is doing great.
 Graduating from Level 1 to Level 2! (Back in early November) Another certificate, another medal.
This also means that weekly practice goes from a 1-hr class to a 1.5-hr class. Level 2 is serious stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment