July 31, 2014

Khloeism's

I could have pages and pages and pages of Khloeisms! I try to keep up, some I tell myself  "I've got to write that down!", some I think I will remember (I don't); I need to get better at writing some of these down!

Kayla hunched over in her room peering closely at a small bug crawling across her floor,
Kayla: EWWWWWWWWW! A bug!
Me: Yup, I see it. I'll get it.
Khloe (running in): Kayla, Kayla, let me see! Oh yeah, Kayla I see it. Do not worry Kayla. I will get it.
Khloe runs past me into the bathroom: Mom! Mom! I need a kleenex!
Khloe, running back into Kayla's room, puts her hand out towards Kayla and says: Kayla, stay back. I've got it. 
Khloe bravely scoops up and squishes the bug.
Khloe: I got it!

Thank goodness Khloe! You saved your big sister's life!

Outside on the patio, Kayla and Khloe spot a daddy-long-legs. Kayla is immediately grossed out, Khloe is intrigued and can't stop watching it.
Khloe: Do not worry Kayla. I'll get it.
Khloe grabs Kayla's flip flop laying on the ground and knocks the daddy-long-legs off the fire pit. It quickly crawls away. Kayla jumps up off the ground and onto a chair. Khloe continues to chase down the daddy-long-legs with Kayla's flip flop. Finally Khloe puts Kayla's flip flop on one foot and steps on the daddy-long-legs, beaming with pride of her accomplishment. Once again, Khloe saves Kayla's life. This brave girl amazes me!

Barely light out, Khloe comes bounding into our room at 6:45 in the morning. This has never ever happened once in our lives.  She runs in and yells "Ah ha! There you are! I found you!" I wasn't aware we were hiding? Who has this kind of energy the SECOND they wake up? And why is she even awake at this hour? This is the girl that routinely sleeps until 8:30 am every morning! This early morning wake up wasn't so bad for us since we needed to get out of bed for work anyways, but I knew it coudn't mean good things for Khloe later on in the morning. Who knows what woke her up so early, but later that night I talked to her about it, making sure it wouldn't happen again:
Me: Khloe, why did you wake up so early this morning?
Khloe: I don't know. (pause) Because you told me I could.
Me: Noooooo, I don't think so. I didn't say that.
Khloe: Yes you did! You told me I could get up early.
Me: No honey, I didn't say that.
Khloe: Yes you did. Didn't you hear you?

Nice try Khloe!

1 comment:

  1. Aaron is going to be running to Khloe to kill spiders.

    ReplyDelete