I got to visit Kayla's classroom this past week for Career Day. First I had to submit a form to Mrs. Prout explaining my career. This caused me to pause for a bit. What could I tell Kindergartner's that I do that they would understand, and more importantly, think is cool? I couldn't say Natural Resources Manager (
what?) or Environmental Health Educator (
yawn), so I came up with Water Specialist - I take care of water and help keep it clean! I think I converted a few Kindergartners to also become future water specialists (s
core). I did ask each student what
they wanted to be when they grew up and most of the boys answered with monster truck driver, vampire, Batman, or race car driver and most of the girls answered with artist, dancer, teacher or veterinarian.
Kayla has three potential careers: dance teacher, nurse, or babysitter.
What a great day! I got to spend the morning with Kayla, have lunch with both of my girls, and a few days later, read the most special 21 hand-written thank you letters ever.
Hello mommy. I love you so much. Thank you for comeing to our class. That was fun. I wish you culd be my techer that wud be fun. I just wont you to be my techer. Love Kayla Faust
Some of Kayla's classmates learning what it's like to be a Water Specialist.
I even brought in my waders and let kids try them on, in this case, Abby.
No comments:
Post a Comment