On our way!
How should you start all family vacations? By reading the safety card in the seat back pocket in front of you. Check.
This was also our last trip ever fitting four people into three seats on the airplane. For fitting four bodies in three seats, we do amazingly well. It's actually quite cozy and fun. I'll handle being a human jungle gym on the airplane if it saves us an extra ticket, but in order to make that happen, we had to make Khloe a one-year old. It's amazing that we can carry a child onto an airplane and no one checks her name, identification, or age. So technically, it was easy to squeeze out one more trip since her birthday was "May 19". But alas, those days are over.
A trip to the park
The Chattahoochee is a beautiful river that flows through downtown Atlanta, and it's right in Amy's backyard. Each time we visit we explore a new part of the trail system and river. To have this amount of access to outdoor recreation in an urban setting is so unique - it's one of the reasons we love Atlanta and think its a beautiful city.
Run, Khloe, run! Little Miss Independent
POOL!
"Dadda, more throw high in the sky?"
I think Matt was always finding funny cat videos to entertain the girls with, but I heard him laughing just as much as the girls.
Is there a lizard in this bush? No....
I think I saw it go in here! Do you see it? No...
This was a very cool tunnel where there was a whale shark! And scuba divers!
Whale shark (Aaron's all-time favorite animal ever)
A beluga whale tank in the Arctic Exhibit
Oh Daddy, you are such a brave, brave soul. You crawled through the tunnel in the penguin exhibit so the girls would go through. We couldn't pull Kayla away from this!
Why? Why do aquariums have mermaids? The Georgia Aquarium is recognized nationally for being a leader in marine life research and education, and they have to include mermaids? What message does this send kids, especially little girls? Of course our girls would somehow find these. The North Carolina aquarium was selling mermaid toys in their store, and so did the Georgia Aquarium. Of course these are the only items ours girls picked out in the store. "No, you may not purchase a mermaid at an aquarium."
We got tickets to see the 30-minute Dolphin Tales show in the 500-seat auditorium. Wow, we were all amazed! It's certainly not like the Sea World shows Amy and I remember from 30 years ago or even the show Aaron and I saw on our honeymoon 14 years ago! I'm sure Kayla's mind was completely blown. Imagine not even knowing that you could swim in a huge tank with dolphins while being thrown in the air, dolphins jumping all around you with lights, lasers and water flashing everywhere? Yeah, mind blown. Khloe had to be the trainers biggest fan; she clapped and yelled "Yea!" after every trick.
The dolphin's tank - watching them swim before the start of the show
"Dadda, more throw high in the sky?"
I think Matt was always finding funny cat videos to entertain the girls with, but I heard him laughing just as much as the girls.
I think I saw it go in here! Do you see it? No...
Aaron literally spent hours walking the street, yard and other people's driveways stalking lizards. He wanted to catch one so badly. Finally on the last day, SCORE!
The Georgia Aquarium - the country's largest! Large is an understatement. It was impressive! We spent over three hours there and only got through half of it.This was a very cool tunnel where there was a whale shark! And scuba divers!
Whale shark (Aaron's all-time favorite animal ever)
Oh Daddy, you are such a brave, brave soul. You crawled through the tunnel in the penguin exhibit so the girls would go through. We couldn't pull Kayla away from this!
Why? Why do aquariums have mermaids? The Georgia Aquarium is recognized nationally for being a leader in marine life research and education, and they have to include mermaids? What message does this send kids, especially little girls? Of course our girls would somehow find these. The North Carolina aquarium was selling mermaid toys in their store, and so did the Georgia Aquarium. Of course these are the only items ours girls picked out in the store. "No, you may not purchase a mermaid at an aquarium."
We got tickets to see the 30-minute Dolphin Tales show in the 500-seat auditorium. Wow, we were all amazed! It's certainly not like the Sea World shows Amy and I remember from 30 years ago or even the show Aaron and I saw on our honeymoon 14 years ago! I'm sure Kayla's mind was completely blown. Imagine not even knowing that you could swim in a huge tank with dolphins while being thrown in the air, dolphins jumping all around you with lights, lasers and water flashing everywhere? Yeah, mind blown. Khloe had to be the trainers biggest fan; she clapped and yelled "Yea!" after every trick.
The dolphin's tank - watching them swim before the start of the show
Thanks for an amazing visit!






No comments:
Post a Comment