December 14, 2013

Christmastime magic

I am counting down the days. I would love to count down the hours, but there are too many yet, and I'm already crazy-excited for Christmas, so I won't torture myself with those details. Our home is BURSTING with excitement for Christmas this year! Creating the experiences, memories and traditions of Christmastime on behalf of a two and six year old is just the most wonderful thing EVER. I don't think it could be any more perfect. Our joy, over-abundant blessings, love for each other, cookie party anticipations, Christmas programs, time with family, magical fun, special gifts purchased and hidden away - it's all come together.

So, is it Christmas yet? We are ready!

In fact, this morning there's so much excitement in my heart that I can't sleep. So I'm up early before anyone else, with my cup of hot coffee, a big fuzzy blanket wrapped around my legs, soft Christmas music in the background, snow lightly falling outside, the light of the Christmas tree against the blackness of outside, and the light and warmth of the fireplace. And I'm dreaming happy thoughts of Christmas morning, feeling so blessed for all that God's showered on us. It's way more than we need, that's for sure!
Please God, let me always remember this moment, this feeling, this magic of what it's like to experience Christmastime through the hearts and minds of a two and six year old.

This week at work, two of my co-workers were having a conversation in my office about their upcoming family Christmas plans. They were discussing the fact how they have to come up with new traditions this year because they have teenagers.  And teenagers say things like "Do I have to?" and "Ugh. That doesn't sound fun." when it comes to family get-togethers and traditions. And the special spirit of Christmas had lost it's magic. I had to stop my co-workers mid-sentence because I told them they were depressing me! I said I don't want to think about that because my girls at this age are so far from that right now! Christmastime is still magical and special and fun! I want this moment that we have right now to always be in our home and in all of our hearts!

So for now I have to contain myself. Somehow I have to find the patience to wait 11 more days!
Oh, and it FINALLY snowed!! Yea! It's still bitter cold but at least we have some snow to go along with it. Khloe has been asking for weeks to build a snowman and I'm tired of giving her the bad news that there's not enough snow to do that. Now she finally can! Kayla said, "This is our first time ever playing in snow!" Well, it's the first time this season for sure. Last winter seems like soooo long ago and we hardly any snow last year worthy of snowman building or sledding. Let it snow, snow and snow some more!

No comments:

Post a Comment