Kayla has been all about ice skating lately. We have a local ice arena that has open skate and friends that regularly go, so one day Daddy took Kayla with some friends (I thought for sure Aaron would permanently injure himself but everyone came home injury free). The second time I went with Kayla. In fact, this day was the WORST WEATHER DAY of the entire year (which in itself is mind blowing since we've had SO MANY horrible weather days!) and Kayla's teacher, Katie Raymo, had the crazy idea to venture out since it was a snow day. So we braved the horrible roads, blizzard, negative wind chills and surprise! we were the only ones at open skate at the rink! Even I got to throw on skates and go for a spin. In my mind I thought I was going to be better than what I actually was. The ice is more slippery than I thought. And plus, I have further to fall these days. The Raymo's on the other hand are all great skaters! It was a good way to fill another snow day!
No comments:
Post a Comment