The first was Addie celebrating her 7th birthday. Seventh! SEVENTH! At Addie's birthday every year it reminds me that my own daughter's same birthday is not that far away and soon we'll be saying that we have a seven year old too. Time moves on.
We had a fun party at our home honoring her birthday and in the midst of the celebration she said to Kayla, "Kayla, do you wish you had my life right now?" Addie, you say the funniest things. You crack us up!
Addie is family to us and like a sister to Kayla since they have spent every day together for the last 6 years. When did this happen?! Addie's big bash is still to come - a roller skating party! Ahhhhhhhhh we can't wait for that one!
The second thing to happen was that someone actually bought the baby and toddler toys I was selling. I listed a huge pile of equipment, toys, stuff for sale. And someone bought them. How dare they. Funny, I was so excited to get it all out of my house (Boy, toys for little people are so big) and make room for... for more toys. No sooner were they listed for one day when a friend offered to buy a half dozen of them and instantly I was like "No, I made a mistake. They are not for sale". I couldn't believe how nostalgic and sad I got about saying goodbye to a stroller, a Mermaid car, and a few other items. Could I be making a mistake by getting rid of these? Had I thought this through carefully enough? Was I too rash? Kayla said she does want me to hold on to them for when she gets married and has a baby (good point, honey). Just about that time something else happened. My friend brought to work his daughter's outgrown skis, ski boots, poles, helmet, and gloves. And then it hit me. Time moves on. No sooner was I getting rid of old toddler toys then new Big Girl toys were moving in. And yes, everything was okay again. And I was okay again too.
And once again it all hit me this weekend at Lowe's. Even a big box home improvement store can trigger nostalgic memories. It doesn't seem like that long ago, at 2.5 years old, that we started Kayla at the Lowe's Build-n-Grow workshops, and now we've come full circle. This time it was Khloe's first time to swing a hammer. Kayla's a pro after earning her 12th patch and Khloe earned her first patch. Time moves on.
A birdhouse! Just in time for spring! Way to go girls!
Next big thing to happen is Kohkee's 3rd birthday! We're excitedly counting down the days to her Strawberry Shortcake birthday party. I'm looking forward to it now, but I'm sure I"ll have some moments of sadness as the time comes and goes.Time moves on!
No comments:
Post a Comment