The road trip to Grandpa and Grandma's house in Indiana this time was special... because Kayla came along! My grandparents are such important people in my life and I want Kayla to know them. My mom and I have done this quick one-night road trip before, but this time I thought it was time for Kayla to be part of it. She took it alllllllll in.
Kayla gets a little emotional when we have to leave on road trips (this being only her 2nd road trip) because she doesn't like the thought of leaving anyone behind, but I wanted her to know how special this opportunity was just for her and I. We had a fun Mommy-Daughter bonding trip just as Khloe and Daddy got the same opportunity. Kayla said that she was glad she went, she was sad to leave their house when the time came, but she was excited to be home with Daddy and Khloe. And Kayla and Khloe did miss each other! They were both so excited and happy to see each other. They kept hugging and telling each other how much they missed each other. It was special to watch them express their love!
But, I have a problem. GRANDMA! I know you're reading this down there in IN! We forgot to do something! Do you remember what it was? We forgot to take our "Four Generation" photo! We kept telling ourselves not to forget, but here I sit at home without the photo. We have to keep saying "Oh well, next time!" so I guess I have to say "next time" again. Let's not forget next time! Thanks for letting us stay with you!

No comments:
Post a Comment