Speaking of reading, March was Reading Month at school and the four Kindergarten classes won the school contest for the "most minutes read" during the month! Her class got to celebrate by having an EXTRA recess (woohoo!) and an ice-cream party. They even got to wear pajamas to school! What more could a five year old ask for?!
Guess who is Citizen of the Month at Michigamme?
Her best friend in her classroom (outside of Addison of course) is Eli Fortune. Eli is short for Eliana. I thought she was getting love notes from "Eli" at the beginning of school until I learned that Eliana goes by Eli (prounced Elle-ee). Almost once a week Kayla comes home with some sort of gift or trinket or picture from Eli; it's pretty cute. Max thinks of Kayla too; this I do not think is so cute. Max has given Kayla his phone number on a piece of paper and even called our home and left a message on our answering machine! What?!?! On Valentine's Day the school ran a fundraiser to purchase suckers for students. Kayla got suckers from Khloe, us, grandparents, her neighbor friends, and Max. Better step off Max! Anyways, she has lots of friends in her class.
What cute kids!
The kids all get along great, the families are very nice, and already Kayla has gone to quite a few of her girl friend's birthday parties.
We wanted to share some of Kayla's recent stories. They're priceless! After they hang on the fridge for awhile, we save each and every one of them. We look forward to pulling her stories out of her folder at the end of the school day. She's so proud of them and she makes sure to read each story to us before we look at it. A hand-drawn picture accompanies each story too. Aaron and I often re-read them at night just grinning and chuckling to ourselves; just to read the words her little mind is thinking about! We're so proud of her! Here are a few recent ones:
I love my mom be cous she lets me woch tv on weekens. I love my dad be cous he lets me woch tv on weekens. I love my baby sistr.
I like to ski so much. I like to night ski. I wont to ski rit now cus I mis my friens Molly and Bris.
I like to go to Iowa. I wont to go back to Iowa and I miss my cusins. I rily miss thum. I nyd thum at orw howse. (She drew a picture of Casity and Chravis)
Dear Mommy, I love you. I hope you have a good day. Happy Valentines day!! Love, Kayla. I love my daddy.
I dot wont my mom and dad to leve to las veges. I will be with Krise. I rily dot wont my mom and dad to leve to las veges. (This broke my heart!! How do you leave when you read this??)
MY WISH - I want my wish to be a fary flying arownd the hous if I get a clovr. (St. Patrick's Day story)
GUM - I love gum. It tast good. My mom loves gum and my dad loves gum but my baby sister dos not so we do not give her gum cus we do not give her gum. My cat dos not like it.
MY BUNNY - My bunny is little and fusy. It is a baby. Her name is bloom and she is vere little. I love my bunny but my name is not the same. My name is Kayla. Love Kayla (Easter story)
I love my baby sister. She is a baby. I love my baby sister so much. She loves me to. I can't beleve how cuot she is. She is the cuot's in the hous. Love Kayla
Thanks for such a great post and lots of fun information and insight into Kayla's school life these days. Super proud of her. :) She's so awesome.
ReplyDelete